15 March 2011

IT'S BURGER TIME!

1) As you may be aware, I'm really not supposed to eat a number of things because of my health, such as shell fish, beef and alcohol (gout).

I'm also not supposed to have dark green leafy veggies, garlic or grapefruit (blood thinners), sweets (diabetes) or nuts, chips, etc (no teeth).

Needless to say, I still have to fulfill my obligations here so I do have a burger or cheesesteak every once in a while and I am happy to say that I recently had the best burger in ages. It started when they undercooked my burger at In-N-Out (grilled onions, mustard, pickles - hold the special sauce) in scenic Santee. When they made another one, it was marvelous. The cheese had melted nicely, it was appropriately greasy without being too much and I was one happy camper, at least then (the Mexican beef here isn't very good)...

2) After seeing the Burger King Stacker commercial several times too many lately, I just had to make it over there to try them (didn't we do this last year?). I wasn't too happy with it (limp bacon, lukewarm and room temperature onion rings) and won't be back.

3) And we're happy to report that the new Crazee Burger is open in Oldtown. We haven't stopped by yet but very likely will make it a point when I have my next appointment at the VA in La Jolla...


4) Jack-In-The-Box hits the road: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/mar/16/jack-hits-the-road-with-food-truck/