30 November 2011

It's Burger Time

Wendy's new "W" Burger

I don't get it.

It's a double cheeseburger with Thousand Island dressing and the same old, tired lettuce, onion and tomato.

Speaking of tomato: that was the worst slice of tomato I've ever had (I tossed it).

The wife and I both made it over to the local Wendy's this morning after seeing the new ad a couple of times the last couple of days.

To say we were disappointed is putting it mildly and the wife says that was a complete waste of $8.68.

She says she doubts she'll ever go back as the fries were lukewarm at best, the oil smelled used up and the Coke was flat (at least it didn't taste like the line cleaner this time).

I'm not supposed to have beef, so I really can't argue with her decision...


Nice shirts, though!

The employees were all wearing red T-shirts with a burger printed on them and the slogan "Hot & Juicy".

We tried to bribe one of them into selling one (for Hamburger Harry) but they couldn't.

She also said we're not the first ones to ask...


UPDATE: After seeing the commercial several more times, I think I understand.

At first, I thought they were attempting to "Big Mac" it but now realize they're emulating In-N-Out's Double- Double (minus the grilled onions)...