29 October 2012

It's Burger Time!


McDonald's CBO

Three-Mendous?

I don't think so...

I tried McDonald's new CBO today and wasn't the least bit impressed. It's their standard third pound Angus patty on their fairly generic roll with "white cheddar (their ad doesn't actually say it's cheese, cheese sauce or anything other than "cheddar"), hickory-smoked bacon, caramelized grilled onions and a creamy mustard sauce" (their description).

Points for the bacon being crisp but I couldn't taste anything (onions or the creamy mustard sauce) except the grease from when they microwaved it. And it was very dry so I added more mustard and some mayo when I got home with it.

It was $5.43, a princely sum for such a nothing sandwich.

And it's one more time that I'm almost embarrassed for the ghost of Ray Kroc...